Mr. Wagar is currently serving as United States Ambassador to the Republic of Singapore.
Kirk Wagar has tried cases with Dade County Public Defenders Office Felony Division, interned in British Parliament, worked with an international educational conference affiliated with the United Nations and played rugby throughout North America in his journey that began in Perth, Ontario, Canada and has landed in Miami, Florida.
Raised in the small town of Perth, Mr. Wagar has brought a strong work ethic to his work and a commitment to community fostered in the rural atmosphere of his upbringing and nurtured by his parents. Both Mr. Wagar’s parents, a school teacher and a ship’s captain, instilled a sense of equality for all people, regardless of gender, race, sexual orientation and the necessity of teamwork and fairness to achieve any goal. Mr. Wagar has taken the deliberate and thoughtful approach to problem solving of his father together with the fiery commitment to fairness and justice of his mother into the civil justice arena to fight for his clients.
Wagar Dabdoub, P.A. only represents individuals and small business in insurance disputes where we feel our clients are being treated less than fairly. As founding and managing partner, Mr. Wagar is proud of the issues and battles the firm attacks, the professional commitment of the staff and most importantly, the clients we represent. He founded his law firm in 1998 after practicing in a Civil litigation firm that handled personal injury, Hurricane Andrew and fire loss claims in addition to disability and life insurance claims, and opened this firm to focus on those people who have been wrongfully denied benefits under their long term disability benefits and life insurance claims. When Mr. Wagar began practicing in 1993, there were few if any law firms that handled ERISA claims on a Contingency Fee basis with any regularity and none that limited their practice solely to these cases.
Mr. Wagar was one of the first attorneys in the country to handle chronic fatigue immune deficiency (CFIDS) and fibromyalgia cases successfully to resolution, and has handled a myriad of medical disabilities from migraine headaches to herniated discs to hypoglycemia. Wagar Dabdoub has a familiarity with organic brain injury claims, carpal tunnel and muscular degeneration health issues, multiple orthopedic limitations, autoimmune deficiencies and a host of mental and nervous conditions. In the course of his career Mr. Wagar and his firm have handled cases in different states against every major insurance carrier including UNUM Life Insurance Company of America and it’s different entities like Paul Revere Life Insurance Company, Provident Life Insurance Company and the parent company UNUM/Provident as well as Metropolitan Life Insurance Company, Hartford Life and Accident Insurance Company, Cigna Life Insurance Company, Sun Life of Canada Insurance Company, The Northwestern Mutual Life Insurance Company, and many self insured plans and corporations.
- Juris Doctor; University of Miami. Coral Gables, Florida (1993)
- Bachelor of Arts; Roberts Wesleyan College. Rochester, New York (1990)
- Majors in History and Political Science with Minor in Philosophy.
- University of London, Birckbeck College. London, England
- Political Internship: Policy Unit, Liberal Democrats (1989)
Positions Held in Trial Lawyer Organizations
- American Association for Justice (formerly the Association of Trial Lawyers of America)
- Board of Governors (2002-present)
- Member of the Executive Committee (2003-2004)
- New Lawyers Division, Chair (2000-2002)
- Dade County Trial Lawyers
- Board of Directors (2003-2005)
- Florida Justice Association (Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers)
- Member, Board of Directors (1997-1999)
- Member, Board of Directors (2002-Present)
National Model United Nations
- Assistant Chief of Staff (1992-1993)
- Chief of Staff (1993-1994)
- Treasurer, Board of Directors (1994-1995)
- Vice-President Board of Directors (1995-1996)
- Executive Officer Member of the Board (1996-1997)
- Vice President, Board of Directors (2001-2002).
- Secretary, Board of Directors (1999-2000).
- Chair, Development Committee (1999-2000)
- Member, Board of Directors (1997-2005)
Other Community Involvement
- Obama for America; Florida Finance Chair (2007-2008)
- Obama for America; Member of National Finance Committee (2007-2008)
- Dade County Cultural Affairs, Community Access Grants Panel (2002-2005)
- Democratic National Committee; Florida Finance Chair (2004)
- John Kerry for President; Deputy Finance Chair of Florida (2002-2004)
- John Kerry for President; Co-Chair of National Finance Committee (2002-2004)
- Janet Reno for Governor; Finance Committee (2001-2002)